South Texas Veterans Health Care System (STVHCS)
Women Veterans Program
South Texas Veterans Health Care System (STVHCS) recognizes the importance of the contributions made by women Veterans in the service to their country and encourages eligible Veterans to utilize VA health care benefits.
A full range of health care services for female Veterans are available. These services include:
- 24/7 emergency health care
- Comprehensive Primary Health Care
- OB & GYN (includes infertility evaluation with limited treatment)
- Gender-specific health care and education (includes menopause management and hormone replacement therapy)
- Preventive health screenings (includes breast and cervical cancer screenings)
- Reproductive health care (includes contraception and maternity care)
- Osteoporosis evaluation and treatment
- Polytrauma Rehabilitation
- Spinal cord injury health care
- Prosthetic services
- Mental Health Services
- Counseling and treatment for sexual trauma and assault that occurred during military service
- PTSD and substance abuse treatment and counseling
- Post deployment readjustment counseling
- Homeless Veterans Program
- Vocational Rehabilitation Program
A full time Women Veterans Program Manager (WVPM) is available to assist women Veterans in the STVHCS. Please call the Women Veterans Program at (210) 617-5300 extension 16097 or 19449, weekdays 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., excluding federal holidays.
Our Women Veterans Program Manager advises and advocates for women Veterans. She can help coordinate all the services you may need, from primary care to specialized care for chronic conditions or reproductive health.
For Women Veterans, VA is Here
VA welcomes women Veterans. We are committed to providing high-quality services in a sensitive and safe environment at all VA facilities. Women Veteran Program Managers are available at each VA medical center to assist women Veterans with questions and coordinate services (see contact information on this page).
Each woman Veteran is assigned a Women’s Health Primary Care Provider. These experienced providers are trained to deliver comprehensive primary care, as well as routine women’s health care. You will be at the center of a Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) where a provider, nurse, and others will work with you to manage your health care:
- Primary care: general medical care for acute and chronic conditions, such as chronic pain, high blood pressure, and diabetes
- Preventive care: immunizations and cancer screenings (breast and cervical), osteoporosis screening and management
- Gender-specific care
- Birth control, family planning, and preconception counseling
Learn more about the gender-specific services VA has to offer
- Women Veterans Health Care
- Health and Wellness
- Maternity Care
- Military Sexual Trauma
Women Veterans Call Center
The Women Veterans Call Center provides women Veterans information about VA services and resources, benefits, and eligibility. The toll-free line is available Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m. ET and on Saturdays 8:00 a.m.–6:30 p.m. ET. Please see our Women Veterans Call Center website or call 855-VA-WOMEN (855-829-6636). Call, chat, or text are all available.