South Texas Veterans Health Care System (STVHCS)
South Texas Veterans Health Care System Medicine Service
The South Texas Veterans Health Care System (STVHCS) Medicine Service oversees all inpatient and subspecialty care medicine, as well as academic primary care for over 75,000 of the Nation's Veterans enrolled at STVHCS. Medicine Service clinics service over 60,000 new patient consults annually. Medicine Service physicians also staff 10 ICU beds, 8 CCU, 118 ward, 6 bone marrow transplant and 7 research beds servicing over 5,000 admissions each year. Located in sunny San Antonio, Texas, the Medicine Service Administration Office is located at the Audie L. Murphy Hospital, in the South Texas Medical Center.
The Medicine Service physicians are academically affiliated with the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, and often participate in teaching and research in addition to providing daily care to Veterans. Many staff are Veterans, and all are committed to providing quality health care by following the ICARE core values.
- Integrity: Act with high moral principle. Adhere to the highest professional standards. Maintain the trust and confidence of all with whom I engage.
- Commitment: Work diligently to serve Veterans and other beneficiaries. Be driven by an earnest belief in VA's mission. Fulfill my individual responsibilities and organizational responsibilities.
- Advocacy: Be truly Veteran-centric by indentifying, fully considering, and appropriately advancing the interests of Veterans and other beneficiaries.
- Respect: Treat all those I serve and with whom I work with dignity and respect. Show respect to earn it.
- Excellence: Strive for the highest quality and continuous improvement. Be thoughtful and decisive in leadership, accountable for my actions, willing to admit mistakes, and rigorous in correcting them.
The STVHCS Medicine Service consists of the following specialities and clinics:
|Advanced Cardiology||Home Oxygen|
|Academic Primary Care (Resident's Clinic)||Hospital Medicine|
|Bone Marrow Transplant||Epilepsy Center of Excellence|
|Dermatology (Including MOHS Surgery)||Pulmonary & Critical Care|
|Endocrinology & Diabetology||Nephrology & Hemodialysis|
|Interventional & General Gastroenterology||Sleep Medicine|
|Hematology & Medical Oncology||Solid Organ Transplant Program|
|Hepatology||Weight Management & Diabetes|
If you are looking for appointment, or other medical information from a particular service, consult the Medicine Service Phone Book, located under resources on the right.
Audie L. Murphy Hospital
STVHCS 7400 Merton Minter Blvd, Room MC111
San Antonio, TX 78229
Hours of Operation
- Mon. - Fri. 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.