South Texas Veterans Health Care System (STVHCS)
Bone Marrow Transplant Unit
Welcome to the South Texas VA Bone Marrow Transplant Unit
The mission of the Bone Marrow Transplant Unit is to provide high quality care for Veterans requiring stem cell transplantation therapy and treatment for acute leukemia.
- Autologous stem cell transplants
- Matched related-donor stem cell transplants
- Chemotherapy for highly aggressive hematologic malignancies
- Studies on the causes and prevention of mucositis
- Participation in the Center for International Blood and Bone Marrow Transplant Research
Graduate Medical Education:
The Bone Marrow Transplant Unit is proud to be affiliated with the University of Texas Health and Science Center (UTHASC) and participates in the education of the net generation of physicians. All of our residents and fellows are mentored closely by staff physicians when evaluating and treating our Veterans.
Patients requiring transplantation services must be referred by their attending hematology/medical oncology physician.
Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, 7th Floor
Audie L. Murphy Memorial VA Hospital
7400 Merton Minter Blvd
Hours of Operation
- M - F 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.