South Texas Veterans Health Care System (STVHCS)
Our Patient Advocate program seeks to personally give you and your family the security of knowing someone is available to focus on your individual concerns and rights as a patient. We work directly with all departments on your behalf and can address your questions, problems or special needs quicker. If you, or a veteran you care for has not been able to resolve important issues related to VA through other means of communications, please contact one of our highly-skilled patient advocates listed below who will be eager to help you with your concern in a timely manner.
Tony L. Webber
Alternatively, you may contact us through e-mail using the VA National Inquiry Routing & Information System (IRIS).
We strive to always provide the highest quality of care to the Veterans of our nation who call this area home. We have established several additional programs to assist you with specific needs or questions.
Customer Service Manager
For a listing of additional contacts, please visit our phone directory.
The Patient Advocates at this organization support patients and families by their emphasis on neutrality, collaboration, and problem resolution, combined with their expertise in hospital functions and procedures.
The Patient Advocate:
- Serves as a liaison between patients, families, hospital and medical staff.
- Advocates for patient rights.
- Promotes patient satisfaction.
- Serves as a point of contact for organization-wide complaints and grievances.
- Provides feedback from the patient to the organization to continually improve the patient experience.
- Serves as a resource and support for ethical issues.
- Provides information for the patient regarding services/resources both within and outside the hospital.