South Texas Veterans Health Care System (STVHCS)
New phone reminder system
Veterans, you now have another system in place to help you remember your appointments as well as cancel or reschedule them. This new system also allows you to refill your medications or check on the status of a refill request.
AudioCARE provides several different services - Audio Reminders, Audio Inquiries and Audio Refills.
- Audio Reminders: Two days prior to your appointment, the appointment reminder system will remind you of the date, time and division location of your next scheduled appointment. If you answer the call and are unable to keep your appointment, you have the option to confirm, cancel or reshedule by pressing the appropriate button. The system has the capability to leave a message on your answering machine if you are not home. If you do not want to receive the reminder calls, please notify your Primary Care Clerk and your name will be removed from the reminder system. You will still be able to access the inquiry line if you desire to find out about your upcoming appointments.
- Audio Inquiries: For your convenience, STVHCS now has an automated system that you can call to inquire about your upcoming scheduled appointments, request prescription refills, or check the status of a refill. This service is available to you 24/7, from any touch tone phone. The phone numbers to call are - (210) 617-5290 or toll free at (800) 209-7377. After the greeting, you will be prompted to enter your social security number followed by "#". You will then be given the option to hear your appointments by selecting option "1" or you may select option "2" to be connected to the pharmacy line. If you select option "1", after you listen to your appointment information, you will then be prompted to confirm, cancel or reshedule. You will also have the option to speak with a clerk who can assist you with cancelling and/or rescheduling. They will also be able to assist you with any questions or issues you may have.
- Audio Refills: If you select option "2" for the pharmacy, you will be prompted to make one of the following selections- Press 1 to refill a prescription (Enter the Rx number, followed by "#"); Press 2 to check the status of your prescription (Enter the Rx number, followed by "#"); Press 3 for educational information about your prescription; Press 8 to be transferred to the pharmacy staff. Please note: All prescriptions refilled through this automated system will be mailed to you. You will not have mail in the refill.
Things to remember with this system -
- You must have a touch tone phone to use this system.
- Make sure your social security number is available when calling to inquire about appointments or prescriptions.
- If you need to refill a prescription or have questions regarding a prescription, be sure to have the Rx number available.
- Make sure your information is kept up to date through your team clerk.
You can click here to download a pdf brochure that you can print and hang on your refigerator for easy access to the information above.